As much as I love fun sneakers and statement bags, I think the best finds are those investment pieces that you know you’ll be wearing over and over again. When it comes to buying investment pieces, what’s most important is versatility and quality. Sometimes the best options can be a bit pricey (hence, the word “investment”), but if you know those jeans will be the ones hugging your booty on the daily for the next couple of years, it might be worth it. Here are 11 investment pieces that are worth the splurge:
1. Jeans: Hands down, jeans are the number one most important piece to have in your closet. I always have at least 10 pairs that I can’t part with because whether they’re skinny, distressed, cropped or flares, they all have a purpose. And let’s be honest – who doesn’t wear jeans like five days a week (or seven)?
2. Black Flats: It’s super important to have comfortable shoes that you can wear regularly, and it’s even better if they go with any level of formality – from a Lazy-Sunday to a Friday-Night-Out.
3. Button-Ups: Button-up shirts are the key to looking put-together no matter what you pair them with. They’re really easy to dress up with a pair of dainty heels, or dress down with a pair of jeans and a ponytail. I always say white is a good go-to, but any color works!
4. High Waisted Skirts: I always have a few tops in my closet that I don’t often wear because they are either a little short or tight. Having a few high-waisted skirts always solves the problem. High-waisted jeans or shorts can be really cute too, but skirts tend to be a little more of a safe option with it comes to flattering your shape, so they are my typically first choice when I need to tuck my shirt into something.
5. Neutral Bag: I think all of us ladies understand why a bag is completely necessary, and it’s also obvious that a neutral color is the best if you’re looking for a versatile staple. If you have some extra cash to splurge on a designer bag, even more important to go neutral so you’ll get the most use out of it.
6. Sunglasses: Every face is different, so when you find that perfect pair that suits you, go for it! They're the easiest way to elevate any outfit.
7. Simple Heels: Even if you’re not a heel person, it’s good to have a pair or two of simple, versatile heels. You never know when you’re going to need to dress up last minute or just want to step up your outfit game for a day, so having a comfortable pair that goes with everything is a smart move. I don’t buy a ton of heels, since I don’t find myself wearing them all the time, but it’s great to have something basic.
8. Dainty Gold Jewelry: I love how understated dainty gold jewelry is and that you never really have to take it off! I think it’s super cute and charming to have a few pieces that sort of become your signature look. I’ve been wearing the same rings and necklaces for months because they’re so simple, but I think they really add to your overall look and feeling. With jewelry – it is really important to get pieces that are high quality so that they won’t tarnish or break easily and you can wear them daily without worrying about that.
9. Striped Tees: Stripes are a classic look that’s been trendy for decades. I think stripes are the one pattern you can wear all the time to make your outfit more interesting and it really never gets old.
10. Blazers: In my (humble) opinion, blazers are the most underrated staple item ever. Blazers are the ideal piece to take an outfit from day to night. My favorite way to wear them is just by adding them to a simple t-shirt and jeans outfit for a carefree but cool look.
11. Hats: Also underrated are the timeless, classic hats. They're typically really easy to add to almost every outfit for an extra statement – so that’s just one more reason to have some in your closet.