1. Pack light. There is nothing more annoying than having to carry heavy luggage.
2. Say yes to experiences. Whether it is scuba diving, a safari or travelling alone. Even if they seem scary, go for it, you will not regret it.
3. Trust your instincts. If you feel like something is not safe, be cautious.
4. Download a currency exchange app. This is the best way to avoid spending too much.
5. Use Instagram to discover new places. Months before going on your trip, take notes of what you see on Instagram. Explore the different hashtags and accounts related to the destination.
6. Take as many photos as you can. They makes great memories…
7. … but also take the time to appreciate your trip.
8. Keep a travel diary. Because in 10 years, you will want to read back on the little details that made your adventure so special.
9. Get travel insurance. Be prepared for anything!
10. Make a packing list in advance. It will save you time.
11. Talk to locals. What better way to explore a city than to do it like the locals?
12. Have a pocket for important documents. Your hotel reservation, itinerary, tickets, …
13. Sleep before. Traveling can be very tiring, especially if there is a time difference with your destination. Before your trip, make sure you get as much sleep as you can.
14. Keep a picture of your passport and your luggage. If your luggage gets lost, a picture can help the airline company to find it faster.
15. Notify Your Bank. If you plan on using your debit card abroad, you should do this.
16. Use compartment pouches in you suitcase. This is the new best thing. You can have different packing organizers to pack efficiently. One pouch for your tops, one for your bottoms, etc.
17. Bring an empty bottle of water. If you don't want to pay for a bottle every time you are thirsty.
18. Download offline maps. To get around in the city without getting lost.
19. Bring healthy snacks. In the plane, at the airport, or during your day of exploring, snacks are always good to carry with you.
20. Bring your toothbrush and toothpaste on the plane. To feel fresh at all times.