by Lydia TeoImage via Vilma P
A good night's sleep is essential to starting your day right in the morning. Here are 5 tips that would help you get some quality zzz's.
1. Unplug – switch off all electronic devices and give yourself peace of mind at least an hour before bed time. Do something more calming instead, like reading a book or planning for the next day.
2. Exercise – but not heavy exercise. Meditate or do light yoga to help relax your body for a night of restful sleep.
3. Maintain a routine – go to sleep and wake up at about the same time everyday, even on weekends, to avoid messing up your body clock.
4. Drink water – a glass of water will keep you hydrated (especially if you sleep with air conditioning) and clear toxins from your body.
5. Wear socks – the heat will increase surface blood circulation and decrease internal body temperature, helping you to sleep better.