Red lipsticks can only be pulled off if applied right. We've put together the 6 most important steps for the best possible results. Shine on!Photo via Bisous Natasha
1. EXFOLIATE. Apply a bit of lip balm and then use a disposable mascara wand (or a toothbrush, but be sure it very soft!) to make your lips smooth and even.
2. HYDRATE. Put lip balm on your lips and wait for a minute before applying the lipstick. If your lips are dry, the colour won't really stay long.[BL_SHOP_WIDGET_1740488]
3. OUTLINE. Use a lip liner before you apply lipstick to avoid the colour from running. It really works, for any shade really, but especially important when you're planning on wearing red lips. It's also a good idea to put the lip liner all over the lips to have a back up in case the lipstick starts to wear off.[BL_SHOP_WIDGET_1740492]
4. TRANSLUCENT POWDER. An easy trick to make your lipstick last as long as possible is to hold a tissue over the mouth and put translucent powder over it to lock in the colour. (PS. Also read: 6 Retouching Powders That Will Change Your Selfie Game Forever)[BL_SHOP_WIDGET_1740496]
5. PREP. If you want to make sure the colour ends up the same as it looks on the package you should put a bit of concealer on your lips to create a neutral base before putting on the lipstick.
6. MAKE IT POP. Apply a bit of concealer around your lips when you're done applying the red lipstick to make them pop more.[BL_SHOP_WIDGET_1740511]