by Lydia TeoImage via Anouska
For many of us, trying to look semi decent after a long haul flight is near impossible. However, there are some tips and tricks you can follow to ensure you look refreshed after flying. Read on to find out how to look your best once your flight lands!
1. Avoid wearing makeup - keeping makeup on for a long haul flight is bad for your skin, so remove it once on board. If you do need to wear some makeup, consider a tinted moisturiser or light BB or CC cream instead as they are less damaging to the skin.
2. Moisturise - flying is intensely drying, so moisturising should be the top priority. Apply a mask, keep your moisturiser or a hydrating face mist on hand, and use your lip balm, body lotion and hand cream generously.
3. Hydrate - of course, not only should you moisturise to combat the dehydration, drinking water is a must as well. Aim for 8 ounces or more per hour, and avoid alcohol as it dehydrates the body.
4. Hair - apart from taking care of your skin, your hair needs some TLC too. It tends to get limp or flat from the head rest, so having your hair in a low bun or ponytail would help. Also keep some hair oil on hand so that your locks are smooth and shiny once you land.
5. Spray yourself - this tends to be forgotten, but it could be stale sitting still in a cramped space for a long period of time. Bring a small bottle of your favourite perfume along, as well as breath mints and scented wet wipes.