Video & recipe by Madeline Hall
To make the sushi rice, combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
Using a 6-count nonstick donut pan, fill each donut mold with two large scoops of the sushi rice. Spread with fingers until each mold is filled and rice is evenly distributed.
Cover with a large baking sheet, and carefully flip donut pan until it is on top. Tap the top and sides and lift donut pan. If some rice is still stuck to the pan, scoop out and form back into the shape of a donut.
Top sushi rice with a variety of the toppings, and then sprinkle with scallions. Below is what was seen in the video:
- Salmon Roll: salmon, cucumber, cream cheese
- Tuna Roll: Ahi tuna, avocado, cucumber
- Veggie Roll: carrot, cucumber, avocado, black sesame seeds
Serve with soy sauce and pickled ginger. Enjoy!
For the sushi rice
- 2 cups cooked white sticky rice
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
For the sushi donuts
- 2 oz. sushi-grade salmon, cut into strips
- 1/2 of a large cucumber, sliced thin
- 2 oz. cream cheese, diced into cubes
- 2 oz. sushi-grade ahi tuna, cut into strips
- 1/2 of a large avocado,thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienne
- 1 tbls. black sesame seeds
- 2 green scallions, minced
- Soy sauce and pickled ginger to serve