by Lydia TeoImage via Local Milk
Most of us reach out for that big steaming mug of coffee or tea first thing in the morning, but how about trying something else? The health benefits of drinking warm water with honey seem to be endless - here are just a few to get you started.
1. It aids in weight loss - as honey is a natural sweetener, it provide a healthy source of calories and can help ward off any sweet cravings, reducing your consumption of sugar.
2. It improves digestion - honey dissolved in water helps to cleanse the colon, neutralize gas produced in the body and prevents bloating.
3. It boosts your immune system - honey has bacteria-killing properties and is also a strong antioxidant. Drinking a glass of warm water with honey daily will definitely strengthen your immune system!
4. It suppresses cough and sore throats - warm water soothes the throat while honey coats it, and honey's antioxidant properties also helps to combat a cough.
5. It improves oral health - if you add a slice of lemon to the drink, the acidity of lemon and antibacterial properties of honey will help to combat bad breath.
6. It rejuvenates your skin - honey, combined with lemon, has restorative, antibacterial and collagen-boosting properties.
7. It reduces allergies - it won't cure your allergy, but raw, natural honey can help reduce your susceptibility to environmental allergies.
8. It gives you an energy boost - honey is an instant energy booster, while being hydrated keeps you alert and fresh, especially after a full night of sleep.